BEYOND COAL: NEW FRONTIERS FOR U.S. COAL
To some, the phrase "Beyond Coal” symbolizes an effort to eliminate the use of coal as a fuel and generation resource. To others, it heralds the replacement of coal by natural gas, nuclear power and renewable energy. To still others, the phrase denotes a marketplace shift with a future for coal centered on new markets both domestic and global.
This year’s Coal Market Strategies conference channels the spirit of Buzz Lightyear’s "to infinity and beyond.” We take "beyond” to imply a future for the U.S. coal industry that diverges from the historical to new frontiers and new horizons.
We pose strategic questions:
- What is the future for U.S. coal?
- How can U.S. producers capitalize on international coal demand?
- Will environmental regulations and competitive fuels drive coal out of U.S. generation and industrial markets?
- How is the U.S. energy sector responding to environmental challenges?
- Will new technologies save the day?
While we acknowledge the challenges the industry faces in today’s regulatory and marketplace environment, we assume the perspective of Einstein who said "once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”
We contend the industry is capable of going beyond apparent limits.
We boldly affirm the resiliency and ability of the coal industry to go beyond.
Naysayers are welcome. We ask only that you come with an open mind.
- Industry Executives ~ presenting a strategic industry perspective on marketplace and public policy considerations
- Energy Industry Consultants ~ providing a comprehensive perspective on marketplace and public policy factors impacting coal suppliers and consumers
- Government Representatives ~ presenting updates and outlooks on energy and environmental policy initiatives
- Coal Industry Representatives ~ who share experience-based perspectives on energy, environment and business management topics
The Conference is designed for coal industry executives with senior management responsibility for strategic planning, environmental management, utility and industrial fuel planning/procurement, marketing and sales, transportation, energy trading and financial management, market research and analysis, contract administration and business development.
The host hotel is the Meritage Resort & Spain Napa Valley, California. The American Coal Council group rate is $279 plus tax for reservations call 866.370.6272 or 707.251.1900ask for Coal Market Strategies. Reservations cut-off is Friday, July 27, 2012.