Developing and maintaining coal trading industry standards is part of the American Coal Council's services. The organization supports the use of of commercial trading standards to promote market liquidity.
What You’ll Learn in the Training Materials
The training materials for the Fundamentals of Coal Trading course, available only to ACC members, covers:
Topics covered include the following
- coal commodities and trading platforms,
- hedging strategies for producers and generators,
- swaps and physical indexation,
- futures and options,
- time, quality, and location spreads,
- settlements process, and
- credit and contract language.
Coal Trading FAQs
Click HERE to read answers to frequently asked questions on coal trading.
Coal Trading Glossary
Click HERE for the Coal Trading Glossary.