II. Information We Collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you: provide such information on our Sites, apply or register for ACC events, or otherwise interact with the ACC, including, but not limited to, applying for membership, or registering for an ACC event or program. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include but are not limited to your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, email address, credit card, or other financial account information.
2. Non-Personal Data: As you interact with our Sites, we may also collect information about your browsing history or certain other information that is not Personally Identifiable Information through your use of and visits to the Sites and our use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address , and other tools. "Cookies" are pieces of code/text placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party advertisers. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Sites by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Sites through the use of these, and other tools as the ACC may add from time to time, may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, etc. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you and your visits to Sites and elsewhere on the Internet including, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc.
III. How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, event registrations, and customer service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Publish membership directories and registration lists as described below
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
ACC does not share any personal information collected from this site with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Publication of your Personally Identifiable Information for Membership Directories and Registration Lists. To allow other industry members and the public to find you, the Personally Identifiable Information we receive may be published on the Sites and other print or digital media, in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for ACC events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information. Users may request their information be suppressed from Directory Lists by contacting us.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Service Requests and Perform Business Functions. When fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests. We may also share such information with service providers that perform business functions for us. For example, the ACC occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, packaging, mailing, printing, sending postal mail and processing event registrations. In such cases, the ACC may share your Personally Identifiable Information.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect the ACC’s Interests. The ACC may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on the ACC; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of ACC; or (c) protect the personal safety of ACC personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
Sharing your email Address Pursuant to ACC Policy. Your email address will only be used by the ACC and its entities. We do not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside the ACC. However, the ACC may also share your email address with third parties to enable the ACC to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, the ACC may share email addresses with third parties as necessary for the ACC to perform certain services on our behalf, such as magazine advertisement, packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
IV. How to Manage the Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can manage your profile and e-mail preferences, including opting out of email by contacting us. Additionally, if you prefer to receive mailings only from the ACC and have your name and address removed from the list we provide to certain companies, please contact us.
V. How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags and web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-ACC companies when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by the ACC.
IV. Information Security
Last updated January 1, 2016